This section sets out some eligibility for each of the awards and some broad criteria to consider when making your application.
For each of the awards categories specifically for social enterprises, there are initial eligibility criteria that need to be met before continuing the application.
This is a Scotland based business that defines itself as a social enterprise using the following criteria:
- The business has a clear social or environmental mission that is set out in its governing documents.
- Is an independent business and earn more than half of your income through trading (or are working towards this).
- Are controlled or owned in the interests of the social mission.
- Reinvest or give away at least half your profits or surpluses towards your social purpose.
- Are transparent about how you operate and the impact that you have.
Please do not enter a social enterprise specific award if you do not meet these criteria.
The awards that social enterprises can enter:
- Category 1 – Social Enterprise of the Year Scotland
- Category 2 – One to Watch Scotland
- Category 3 – Prove It: Social Impact
- Category 10 – Tech for Good: Technology in Social Enterprise
The awards that non-social enterprises can enter:
- Category 4 – ’Buy Social’ – Market Builder
The awards that individuals can enter:
- Category 11 – Social Enterprise Champion Scotland